The Old Hayloft is located upstairs within the Orford Craft Centre and was originally the hayloft to the stables which were part of The King's Head Inn, a 14th Century Public House. This unique space provides an ideal venue for artists and craftspeople to exhibit their works and we welcome enquiries from anyone interested in hiring this exhibition space. The space is also being used by a variety of craftspeople to run workshops, including candle making, pottery and willow work.
The Floor Area of 23 square metres also provide a unique space in which to run workshops or demonstrations.
Exhibitions in The Old Hayloft are open to the public within the normal opening hours of Orford Craft Centre unless otherwise agreed.
Normal Opening Hours:
Tuesday to Sunday 10am - 4pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm
In addition to these hours we are hapy to agree additional time for private viewings by prior arrangement.
Facilities & Accessibility
The Old Hayloft is on the first floor of Orford Craft Centre and is only accessible via the stairs Therefore no wheelchair access is available.
- Floor Area of 23 square metres and a hanging space of approximately 25 linear metres
- New metal hanging system (very quick to hang pictures) or use the pole based system with hanging cord
- Two ceiling mounted lights approximately 700 lumens of light
- Five double electric)power sockets
- Three movable tables approximately 6ft by 2ft 6 inches each
- Access to toilet, on ground floor
- Access to kitchenette, on ground floor
- Car parking available in The King's Head car park
- Area protected by alarm system
Further details of the Terms and Conditions of Hire can be obtained by contacting Ian and Suzanne Ballantine at email@example.com